Thursday, April 1, 2010

Best City Ever

The excitement of traveling to a new place is almost unbearable. As we entered the plane to fly to a new and unfamiliar place, I was almost overflowing with excitement. What will this new place be like? The plane finally takes off and my family and I were set on your adventure to New York City. Waiting on the aircraft has always been dreadful. The awful smell of the food is discomforting, the humidity is almost overpowering, yet, we manage to sit through it.


Oh the time is here. After and hour and a half it is landing time at last. The sharp downward turns are exhilarating, and the descent is stomach turning. The wheels of the aircraft sweep the runway and soon enough we were back on solid land. The seatbelt light dings off and you are free to exit the plane. The first whiff of the New York air sent goose bumps running through my body. Every day, when we would walk through the city, I smelled the same thing...hot dogs. I will never forget that mouth-watering smell.


At the end of the week after seeing the Empire State Building, cheering for Canada at a hockey game, shopping at Macy’s, sauntering down 5th Ave.., going to a musical, being shoved around walking in Times Square, spotting the Statue of Liberty, learning at the Museum of Natural History, remembering the tragedies of 9/11 at Ground Zero, having an amazing dinner in little Italy, hiking through central park we were in terrible pain. There are two great things about New York City. One, it gets you into good shape because you have to walk everywhere, or if your lazy you take a cab. Two, you get soo tired from walking everywhere.


In all my life I have never seen such an amazing city. There is no word to describe how much fun that trip was. If I were to recommend an educational and entertaining holiday, New York City would be number one on my list.

_________________________________


I commented on Lauren's blog


1 comment:

  1. this makes me want to go to New York City now. amazing blog and good job using descriptive words! maybe next time add a picture or something. Great Blog Emily!

    ReplyDelete